You will find various types of racing and can be categorized as follows:
(1) Rally Racing: Rallying involves racing in off-road areas where general people don’t drive their vehicles. The drivers and the co-drivers rally at some point and then leave the place at regular intervals to achieve a particular point. The drivers and their co-drivers can explore the track beforehand to be able to have an improved concept of the roads. The co-drivers help the drivers to choose the best possible way to achieve the destination. World Rally Championship is the most popular championship in this type of race.
(2) Single-seater Racing: This really is one of the very most famous motor sports and involves plenty of specially designed high-speed cars. They’re auto parts open-wheels cars and generally the cars have aerofoil wings in the front and along with rear to have a better adhesion to the track. Formula One is really a World Championship that’s now proven to every motor sport enthusiast. This championship is the greatest degree of motor sport and every car racer wants to participate in this competition.
(3) Ice Racing: This type of racing takes place in snow or on frozen lakes. Obvious requirement for such race is extreme weather conditions and this motor sport generally takes place in high latitudes. These cars involve full rubber and studded tires for an improved adhesion.
(4) Touring Car Racing: This type of race involves highly modified production cars and it’s comparatively slower than the sports car racing or the single-seater racing. Typically the most popular championship may be the World Touring Car Championship.
(5) Stock Car Racing: This type of car racing is similar to Touring car racing and can be an American version of the same. The car racing series popular in this type of racing may be the NASCAR. This really is generally conducted on ovals and the cars used in racing are similar to production cars but are specifically built for racing.
(6) Drag Racing: Drag racing involves completing a particular distance in the shortest possible time. Generally this distance is 400 m and the product range of cars participating in this race can be everyday car to high class racing cars. This will depend where type of car will be useful for drag racing as a block racing car can cover 400m in 15 sec and exactly the same distance can be included in a specially designed fuel dragster car in 4.5 sec.
(7) Sports Car Racing: Sports vehicle racing takes place in a sealed circuit and in this race, purpose-built cars and sports cars production versions contend with each other. This race is particularly for long distances like 1000km and that’s why this race involves multiple driver switching between them.
(8) Off-road Racing: The name tells everything, the racing of some modified cars occurs off road i.e. away from city traffic. Off road famous championship series is CORR.
(9) Hill Climbing: This type of race involves racing for the best time completion. The cars have to climb the extremely steep hills and the car with the most effective completion time may be the winner.
(10) Kart Racing: Generally, most motor sport enthusiasts start their career from Kart racing. The racing tracks are very small and the karts used in the race are very distinctive from the conventional cars that run on roads.